Updated January 2, 2021.
Commitment to Accessibility
As someone who provides training to web designers and developers on website accessibility and provides accessibility services through my client-based business, I need to practice what I preach. I am committed to making this website accessible and in compliance with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 AA and good usability practices.
- I created a custom theme myself that is more accessible than the one previously used on the site. I notified the developers of that theme about some of the issues I found.
- I periodically check the site for accessibility issues and correct them as I find them.
- I manually code forms on the site to make them accessible. I have also alerted MailerLite about this issue and asked that they add labels to fields on all of the forms they create for use on customers’ websites.
- I have added explanatory text to hyperlinks specifically for screen readers.
- Hyperlinks to external sites do not open in a new tab or window.
- Explanatory text for screen readers has been added to hyperlinks to ensure clarity where there are links with the same text on a page.
- I’ve added captions to video.
- I’ve provided transcripts for audio.
- I’ve added ARIA for clarity on some HTML elements.
- I’ve modified the social media share buttons plugin files to remove titles on their links.
I will update this list as I find issues that I do not immediately fix.
- The dropdown navigation menu cannot be bypassed. I am working on correcting this.
- I am working on fixing the menu dropdown on mobile.
- I am checking that essential images have appropriate Alt-text and that decorative ones have null Alt-text.
- The popup form is displayed in an iframe, and I cannot override the heading size, and it doesn’t not use labels properly, which I cannot control. I have asked MailerLite to add labels to their forms.
I perform periodic ongoing manual accessibility tests and testing with assistive technology.
If you need help accessing any content on the site, would like to report issues or have a question, please get in touch.