If you’re a U.S. freelancer or sole proprietor (even an LLC) in any industry, you need to be aware of the PRO Act and how it can hurt your business—getting work and hiring help. This has devastated so many in California already.
The ABC Test included in the PRO Act would be devastating for freelancers and sole proprietors, even those with an LLC. Most of those opposing the PRO Act ask that it use the conditions set by the IRS for defining independent contractors.
What Does It Mean for Independent Contractors?
Hosted by Freelance DC and Labor Attorney Diana Bardes
Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 6 PM EDT
- Freelancers Union article
- Freelancers are freaking out about the PRO Act. Here is why they should — and shouldn’t — be worried
- We Must Fight Against the Anti-Freelance PRO Act (podcast)
- Fight for Freelancers PRO Act Would Unleash California Anti-Independent Contractor Chaos Nationally (video)
- US Senate Minority Leader Acknowledges Major Problem in PRO Act
- Jobs In The Pandemic: More Are Freelance And May Stay That Way Forever
- Does the ABC Test Already Exist in Your State, and Could It Harm Your Career?
- California Chaos